Trainers! GO Battle League Season 1 has been announced! But wait, there’s more! TWO more events will take place in March, both GO Battle League themed. Let’s break down everything. Dig in fam; it’s going to be a long one!
Pre-Season is finally ending, and Season 1 is beginning! Here is the short version, and then you can find the long version quoted below.
- Season 1 begins Friday, March 13th at 1:00 PM PST
- Rank 4 in the Pre-Season will reward you with ONE free Battle Pass
- Starting today at 1:00 PM PST and ending when Season 1 begins, all three leagues will be available in GO Battle League.
|DARKRAI AS A GBL REWARD|
|Fri., Mar. 6, 2020, @ 8:00am|
Mon., Mar. 9, 2020, @ 10:00pm (local time)
|FEATURES:||If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Darkrai!|
|ALTERED FORME GIRATINA|
AS A GBL REWARD
|Fri., Mar. 13, 2020, @ 8:00am|
Mon., Mar. 16, 2020, @ 10:00pm (local time)
|FEATURES:||If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Altered Forme Giratina!|
For all other time periods, you’ll have a chance to encounter the Legendary Pokémon Thundurus in the GO Battle League, until further notice.
Warm up for GBL Season 1 w/ two special events
We will be getting TWO separate events to help us prepare for the launch of GO Battle League: Season 1! Let’s take a closer look at what they will entail.
|GBL PREP. EVENT|
|Tue., Mar. 10, 2020, @ 8:00am|
Thu., Mar. 12, 2020, @ 10:00pm (local time)
|FEATURES:||Skarmory, Swampert, Shieldon, and More in Raids|
|Registeel and Cresselia in 5-star Raids|
|2x Stardust from Raids and Trainer Battles (NOT from GBL)|
|REGISTEEL RAID GUIDE|
|CRESSELIA RAID GUIDE|
|GBL SEASON 1 LAUNCH CELEBRATION|
|EVENT DATE/ TIME:||Fri., Mar. 13, 2020, @ 8:00am to Mon., Mar. 16, 2020, @ 10:00pm (local time)|
|FEATURES:||Pokémon thought to be powerful in the GO Battle League will be available in raids.|
|Altered Forme Giratina in 5-star Raids.|
|Fighting-type Pokémon will also be appearing more frequently in the wild.|
|If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Timburr! Your best bet would be battling and catching it in one-star raids!|
|GBL BONUSES:||You’ll receive a Premium Battle Pass when you win all five battles in a set on the premium track of the GO Battle League.|
|You’ll be able to complete seven sets of GO Battle League battles per day, up from the regular five sets, for a total of up to 35 battles a day!|
|You’ll receive bonus Stardust in the GO Battle League.|
|SHINY TIMBURR FAMILY|
GO BATTLE LEAGUE CHANGES FOR SEASON 1
- Depending on your rank, you’ll receive increased Stardust rewards and a different number of Charged and Fast TMs.
- Winning Matters! Ranks 2 and 3 now require you to win a certain number of battles to advance to the next rank. Previously, wins mattered only beginning at rank 4.
- Metagross will be your guaranteed first encounter reward for Season 1. At rank 4, you’ll have a chance to encounter Beldum. At rank 7, you’ll have a chance to encounter Rufflet, making its Pokémon GO debut ahead of appearing in Safari Zone Philadelphia. And last but not least, the tough Pikachu Libre will be making its debut as a guaranteed reward encounter when you reach rank 10!
- In the future, Pikachu Libre will be available starting at lower ranks, but this season is your chance to challenge yourself to see if you can make it to rank 10, Trainers.
- Machop, Snorlax, and Meditite will no longer appear as GO Battle League encounters, but you’ll encounter Scraggy more often.
- These reward encounters might change next season, so be sure to give it your all and climb as high as you can in the rankings.
- Reach rank 10 to earn avatar items and an avatar pose inspired by Steven.
- At the end of Season 1, you’ll receive an Elite Charged TM if you’ve reached Rank 7 or higher.
- Introducing Elite Charged TMs and Elite Fast TMs! By using an Elite Charged TM or Elite Fast TM, you’ll be able to select the attack that your Pokémon learns. Not only that, but Elite Charged TMs and Elite Fast TMs will also allow Pokémon to learn attacks previously available only during events such as Raid Days or Community Days.
GO Battle League Season 1 timeline
Our Brains are LA-VA
Are your brains melting with information? Don’t worry, ours are too. The good thing is, we have your back and are here to help with any questions you may have about the above information.
Be sure to read it through a few times (I have) to make sure you have all that you need to know to become a MASTER of GBL Season 1 because we know you can do it!