Table of Contents
The strange events of Pokémon GO Fest 2021 continue in the Season of Mischief! This Season will focus on an adventure featuring Hoopa, the Mischief Pokémon, which you’ll be able to encounter early on in this Season’s Special Research story: Misunderstood Mischief!
When Hoopa summoned Legendary Pokémon to Pokémon GO during Pokémon GO Fest 2021, time and space were distorted. Hoopa has also brought Pokémon originally discovered in the Galar region to Pokémon GO for the first time! Be sure to follow along during the Season to see what else might happen!
DEBUT OF HOOPA
Beginning September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, you’ll be able to access a season-long Special Research story. Throughout the Season of Mischief, you’ll gain access to different sets of tasks in this Special Research story. For instance, you’ll be able to encounter Confined Hoopa by completing a set of tasks that’ll unlock beginning September 5th.
LEARN HOOPA'S SECRETS
You’ll be able to access parts of this Season’s Special Research story when certain events begin. The Special Research story will focus on discovering more about Hoopa and the strange occurrences happening throughout the Season, so stay tuned to follow along with the story.
If you complete this Season’s Special Research story, you’ll gain access to a special event at the end of the Season that might have something to do with Hoopa!
*Hoopa can’t be transferred to Pokémon HOME for now. For Trainers unable to play during this Season, Confined Hoopa will be available again in the future.
SPECIAL RESEARCH UNLOCKED TASKS
September 1: Welcome to the Season of Mischief
September 5: Hoopa’s Arrival
September 8: ???
September 21: ???
October ??: ???
October ??: ???
November ??: ???
November ??: ???
On Sunday, September 5, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, various strange phenomena will be happening all around the world —maybe this has something to do with Hoopa?!
The following types of Pokémon will be appearing in the wild and attracted to Incense at the listed local times.
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Psychic-type Pokémon
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Ghost-type Pokémon and Dark-type Pokémon
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Psychic-type Pokémon
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Ghost-type Pokémon and Dark-type Pokémon
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Psychic-type Pokémon
- 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Ghost-type Pokémon and Dark-type Pokémon
Available Pokémon include the following.
- Psychic-type hours – Exeggcute, Jynx, Natu, Girafarig, Spoink, Beldum, & Munna
- Ghost- & Dark-type hours – Alolan Rattata, Poochyena, Sableye, Carvanha, Duskull, Drifloon, & Purrloin
OTHER EVENT BONUSES
- There will be a Collection Challenge available featuring Pokémon attracted to Incense during the event hours. The Collection Challenge will reward Hoopa Candy and the Poké Ball Lift avatar pose!
- You’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- A free bundle containing an Incense will be available in the shop.
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research tasks to earn Rare Candies and a variety of Poké Ball types!
POKÉMON APPEARING IN THE WILD
As the seasons change, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world!
- Cities: Shuppet, Trubbish, Gothita, and more
- Forests: Teddiursa, Shelmet, Karrablast, and more
- Mountains: Geodude, Rhyhorn, Slugma, and more
- Bodies of Water: Krabby, Horsea, Mantine and more
- Northern Hemisphere: Jigglypuff, Slowpoke, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bidoof, Autumn Form Deerling, and more.
- Southern Hemisphere: Clefairy, Roselia, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Tympole, Spring Form Deerling, and more
POKÉMON HATCHING FROM EGGS
The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs this Season.
- 2km Eggs – Male & Female Nidoran, Barboach, Drifloon, and more.
- 5km Eggs – Seel, Pineco, Sableye, Chingling, and more
- 10km Eggs – Audino, Mienfoo, and more.
- 5km Adventure Sync Eggs – Shieldon, Cranidos, female Frillish, and more.
- 10km Adventure Sync Eggs – Riolu, Deino, Noibat, and more.
MEGA EVOLUTION BONUSES
During each month of the Season of Mischief, a different Pokémon will receive a CP boost when Mega Evolved.
|MEGA SLOWBRO||MEGA GENGAR||MEGA HOUNDOOM|
There seems to be a change in the species of Pokemon that Ditto is transforming into in the wild. There is now a chance that the following Pokémon will instead be a Ditto when caught!
Note: If you click a Pokémon that can be Ditto and it shows up as Shiny, it will NOT transform into a Shiny Ditto. Transversely, if you click a Pokémon that can be a Ditto and is NOT shiny, it CAN transform into a Shiny Ditto.