The fine folks at Pokémon GO have just released a new blog post containing a list of need-to-know information and tips before you take part in the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event. For an in-depth players guide to the event, be sure to check out our Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto – Infopedia!
There will be 10 Collection Challenges you can complete during the event, and they’ll remain available until Sunday, February 28, 2021, at 7:59 p.m local time.
Once the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event begins, look for the Professor Willow icon at the bottom right-hand part of the screen on your device. Tapping on it will bring up the event Special Research. Once you have acquired the Special Research, it can be completed at any time during or after the event.
Upon completion of the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto Special Research, you will earn access to a new type of Research. The Masterwork Research, which is designed to be completed over a long period of time, will rewards you with an encounter with shiny Mew once you have finished it.
There will be FREE item bundles in the in-game shop during the event containing the following items:
- 3 Remote Raid Passes
- 200 Poké Balls
Extra daily Raid Passes
Trainers will be able to collect up to NINE daily Raid Passes during event hours but keep in mind, you can only hold 1 at a time.
Incense will attract VERSION-EXCLUSIVE Pokémon based upon which ticket version, Red or Green, you chose. Make sure you have them running.
Share your photos on Twitter or Instagram using #PokemonGOTour, and you may see them featured in-app during the event!
No ticket? No worries!
Don’t have a ticket? Fear not! All Trainers will be able to enjoy the following during the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event.
- Featured Trainer characters will be appearing as GO Tour Challengers during the event. Find and battle them at PokéStops to complete event-exclusive Timed Research and earn rewards!
- Evolve certain Pokémon during the event to get a Pokémon that knows an exclusive attack.
- Evolve Ivysaur—the Evolution of Bulbasaur—to get a Venusaur that knows Frenzy Plant.
- Evolve Wartortle—the Evolution of Squirtle—to get a Blastoise that knows Hydro Cannon.
- Evolve Charmeleon—the Evolution of Charmander—to get a Charizard that knows Blast Burn.
- Event hours themed after locations from the Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green games will be occurring during the event. Check out the schedule here.
- Turn up that audio! Each location-themed hour will feature music inspired by Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, created by those games’ original composer, Junichi Masuda!
Have questions? Check out the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto FAQ
Tickets are still available! You can pick one up in the shop and join your fellow Trainers. Let’s GO! More Questions? Visit the official Kanto Tour FAQ.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.