Trainers! Many of you have been asking for an Egg Pool shake-up, well, it has happened! The question is, will this satisfy those wanting the change?
Below is what we know regarding the latest Egg Scramble!
|DATE / TIME:||Beginning Now until ?|
|FEATURES:||7 km Eggs are now hatching only fossil Pokémon!|
The fossil Pokémon Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Lileep, Anorith, Cranidos, Shieldon, Tirtouga, and Archen are now the only Pokémon hatching from 7 km Eggs.
These fossil Pokémon will no longer be hatching from 2, 5, and 10 km Eggs.
|Riolu will now be hatching from 10 km Eggs.|
Fossil Pokémon - 7km Eggs
|* Denotes shiny possibility!|
Fossil Pros & Cons
We can’t help but think that several Trainers won’t be super impressed by this change-up, so we are going to take a moment to discuss some pros/cons/questions this egg edit leaves us with!
- Shorter distances to walk for the two new Gen 5 Pokémon Tirtouga and Archen.
- The 5km, 7km, and 10km Egg Pools have been reduced in size.
- There are quite a few opportunities to hatch shiny Pokémon you may not already have.
- Couple of opportunities for some PvP worthy Pokémon.
- A little over half of these Pokémon have been around long enough that most Trainers have them, their evolutions, and their shiny variants.
- Riolu is now only available in 10km Eggs.
- 75% of these Pokémon can be found in the wild fairly regularly.
- Where are the bebes?! My beloved baby Pokémon are no longer in 7km Eggs…does this mean they could potentially be obtained other ways?
- Since this Egg Shake-up is a “Fossil” themed shake-up, does this mean that there will be no Adventure Week this year?
- Could it be possible that Cranidos, Sheldon, Tirtouga, or Archen have their shiny released during this time?
All questions we currently do not have the answers to but will definitely keep you updated as things progress!
Ancient Egg Scramble
We are curious to see how the Pokémon GO Community reacts to this new egg scramble. All we can say is that we are grateful for change and trying new things, so let’s just see what happens!