Niantic has just released an update on the status of GO Battle League. Included in the announcement is an increase in daily sets, a week of boosted GO Battle League rewards, and reward track changes for both free and premium tracks. Let’s take a look at what all was announced.
GBL UPDATE #2
Here is a full list of the changes and a reminder of the GO Battle League schedule as announced by Niantic today.
- Increased daily sets—Daily sets will increase from 5 to 6. This change will be permanent for Season 2.
- A week of boosted GO Battle League rewards—From Tuesday, June 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. PDT the GO Battle League win rewards will change for the basic and premium tracks:
- The Pokémon you encounter will change for the basic and premium reward tracks. Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott will no longer be available as GO Battle League encounters.
- For the premium track only, the Rare Candy reward will be available at the fourth slot instead of the fifth slot.
- The GO Battle League leaderboard will be temporarily disabled. We’ll keep the leaderboard disabled while we monitor the state of GO Battle League.
- The Great League will run from Monday, May 11, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, June 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Ultra League will run from Monday, June 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, July 6, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Master League and the Premier Cup will run from Monday, July 6, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, July 20, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- All three leagues and the Premier Cup will be available from Monday, July 20, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, July 27, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- Season 3 will begin Monday, July 27, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
THE WINDS OF CHANGE
They are a blowin… And we like them! Increased sets will be a widely welcomed change, more GBL every day? Yes, please! A week of increased rewards for both free and premium tracks? Give it to me! No leaderboard is a bit of a bummer, but in the pursuit of fairness, we applaud Niantic for keeping it turned off until they are sure things work the way they are intended. Stay tuned to G2G as we will keep you informed of any further changes that may get announced.
What say you, Trainers? Do you like the proposed changes? Let us knows in the comments!