Table of Contents
Trainers! Pokémon GO has just released the March events schedule! Included are the Research Breakthrough encounter, a Team GO Rocket Special Research, returning and new 5-Star Legendary Raid Bosses, Mega Raid Shakeups, Spotlight Hours, Bonus Hours, Fletchling Community Day, new events, Weekly FREE Bundles, and some GREAT Quality of Life Updates! Let’s dive in and take a deeper look at the announcement!
MARCH RESEARCH BREAKTHROUGH
|MAR. RESEARCH BREAKTHROUGH ENCOUNTER|
|Mon., March 1, 2021 @ 1pm PST until Thu., April 1, 2021 @ 1pm PST|
TGR SPECIAL RESEARCH
Starting on Sunday, February 28, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. local time, play through this Season’s new Team GO Rocket Special Research to earn a Super Rocket Radar and take down Giovanni! There will be other opportunities to earn Super Rocket Radars at the beginning of each month this Season, so stay tuned for more information!
|March 2021||April 2021||May 2021|
|Shadow Articuno||Shadow Zapdos||Shadow Moltres|
5-STAR & MEGA RAIDS
Several familiar faces will be returning for the month and they will be making their shiny debut! New Legendaries will also be making their debut! Per the March events schedule, Incarnate Forme Landorus, Tornadus, and Thundurus will be in 5-Star Raids during the third month of 2021 at different times. They will be followed by Therian Forme Thundurus and Tornadus to close out March.
Alongside that lineup of legendaries, Mega Blastoise, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Ampharos, Mega Houndoom, Mega Abomasnow, and a Surprise Mega Evolution will rotate through Mega Raids during the month (full schedule below).
|MAR. 1st @ 8:00AM – MAR. 6th @ 8:00am (Local)|
|MAR. 6th @ 8:00am – MAR. 11th @ 8:00am (local)|
|MAR. 11th @ 8:00am – MAR. 16th @ 8:00am (local)|
|MAR. 16th @ 10:00am – MAR. 30th @ 10:00am (local)|
|STARTING MAR. 30th @ 10:00am (local)|
MEGA RAID SCHEDULE:
|Mar. 1st @ 8:00am – Mar. 16 @ 10:00am (local)|
|Raid Guide||Raid Guide||Raid Guide|
|STARING MAR. 16th @ 10:00am (local)|
|Raid Guide||Raid Guide|
- March 3rd – Incarnate Forme Landorus
- March 10th – Incarnate Forme Thundurus
- March 15th – Incarnate Forme Tornadus
- March 17th – Therian Forme Tornadus
- March 24th – Therian Forme Thundurus
MARCH SPOTLIGHT HOURS
MARCH BONUS HOURS
Testing of Bonus Hours will be taking place during March on the Thursdays listed below from 6:00pm to 7:00pm (local time). Each Bonus hour will feature a unique bonus!
- Thursday, March 4, 2021 – GO Rocket Hour: Team GO Rocket Balloons will be appearing more frequently. Be on the lookout, Trainers!
- Thursday, March 11, 2021 – Mega Bonus Hour: Candy – You’ll earn more Candy when you catch Pokémon that share a type with your active Mega-Evolved Pokémon.
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 – Mega Raid Hour: Mega Raids will be happening more frequently.
FLETCHLING COMMUNITY DAY
Searching for Legends
From Tuesday, March 9, 2021, to Sunday, March 14, 2021, join us as we begin our journey to search for Legendary Pokémon! And what better way to sniff out these Legendary Pokémon than with the Compass Pokémon, Nosepass? Who knows—if you’re lucky, you may even encounter a Shiny Nosepass!
Incense Day: Psychic-Type and Steel-Type
We are hearing reports that on Sunday, March 14, 2021, more Psychic-type and Steel-type Pokémon will be attracted to Incense, including Beldum!
From Tuesday, March 16, 2021, to Monday, March 22, 2021, get amped for an event where Electric-type Pokémon will make their Pokémon GO debut!
From Wednesday, March 24, 2021, to Monday, March 29, 2021, experience a whirlwind of weather-themed Pokémon appearing in the wild and new avatar items, all to celebrate the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus coming to Pokémon GO.
Special Raid Weekend
A Special Raid Weekend event featuring Legendary Pokémon will take place on Saturday, March 27, 2021, through Sunday, March 28, 2021.
WEEKLY FREE BUNDLES
Every Monday in March, a free one-time bundle containing 10 Ultra Balls, 10 Razz Berries, and a Remote Raid Pass will be available in the shop.
QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
They saved perhaps the most exciting news for last in the March events schedule. A series of QOL updates concerning Candy XL are coming in the near future!
- Trading Pokémon will have a chance of rewarding a Candy XL for the Pokémon you’ve traded. The chance of receiving a Candy XL will increase the greater the distance between Pokémon catch locations is.
- Walking with your Buddy Pokémon will now have a chance of earning you a Candy XL.
- Catching Legendary, Mythical, or evolved Pokémon is now guaranteed to reward you with Candy XL.
MARCH EVENTS TL;DR
- Research Breakthrough – Gible.
- TGR Special Research – Giovanni returns & Shadow Legendary Pokémon.
- 5-Star Raids – Incarnate Forme Landorus, Thundurus, & Tornadus. Therian Forme Tornadus & Thundurus.
- Mega Raids – Mega Blastoise, Pidgeot, Ampharos, Houndoom, Abomanow, and a Surprise Mega Pokémon.
- Spotlight Hours – 2nd Krabby/Transfer Candy, 7th Drowzee/Evolve XP, 16th Voltorb/Catch Stardust, 23rd Surskit/Catch XP, 30th Slugma/Catch Candy.
- Bonus Hours – 4th GO Rocket Hour, 11th Mega Bonus Hour: Candy, 18th Mega Raid Hour.
- March Community Day – Fletchling, Saturday, March 6, 2021
- New Events – Searching For Legends (3/9 – 3/14), Incense Day: Psychic & Steel (3/14), Charge Up! (3/16 – 3/22), Weather Week (3/24 – 3/29), Special Raid Weekend (3/27).
- Free Bundles throughout the month.
- Quality of Life – More ways to obtain Candy XL.