Let’s GO BEYOND! Are you ready for a HUGE update, PokéFam?! Pokémon GO has just announced an exciting new line-up of features and events that will be GAME-CHANGING! It’s time to GO Beyond the Pokémon GO we all know and love to challenge ourselves on a new adventure! Included in this update are:
Let’s explore, shall we?
Table of Contents
GO Beyond w/ Friends
What better way to start the GO Beyond update than with all of your friends? The 12 Days of Friendship Event starts NOW! Click “Read More” for additional details about the event!
|EVENT DATE/TIME:||Wed., Nov. 18, 2020, @ 1:00pm PST (GMT -8)|
Mon., Nov. 30, 2020, @ 1:00pm PST (GMT -8)
|FRIENDSHIP LEVELS: Friendship levels will increase faster by opening Gifts, trading Pokémon, or battling together in Raids, Gyms, or Trainer Battles!|
|ATTACK BOOST: Receive an attack boost when you battle in raids with friends!|
|INCREASED XP: Earn increased XP from completing raids!|
|MORE GIFTS: Open more gifts each day!|
|OFFICIAL BLOG POST|
Not quite level 40 yet, or new to Pokémon GO? Not to worry, you will start earning DOUBLE XP from catching Pokémon beginning TODAY, November 18, 2020 @ 1:00pm PST until December 31, 2020 @ 1:00pm PST!
AND, if you reach level 40 before Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time, you’ll receive some neat rewards, like the Legacy 40 medal and Timed Research that rewards the exclusive Gyarados Hat avatar item!
GO Beyond w/ Seasons
The GO Beyond update continues with the announcement of a brand new feature in Pokémon GO. Seasons is a new feature that will rotate spawns based on the Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter seasons. Click “Read More” for additional details about the feature!
|EVENT DATE/TIME:||Tue., Dec. 1, 2020, @ 8:00am (local time)|
|POKÉMON: Different Pokémon will appear more often in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids. Some Pokémon will be more difficult to find depending on the Season, so catch them while you can!|
|LOCATION: Based on what hemisphere you’re in, you can find different Pokémon appearing in the wild each Season. For example, Pokémon related to winter will be appearing in the wild in the northern hemisphere, while Pokémon related to summer will be appearing in the wild in the southern hemisphere. You might notice other differences, too.|
|DEERLING: Different forms of Deerling will appear in the wild, depending on which hemisphere you’re in!|
|EVENTS: In-game events will be themed based on the Season they occur in!|
|MEGA RAIDS:||RAID BOSSES: New Mega-Evolved Pokémon will appear in raids each Season!|
|CP BOOST: Mega-Evolved Pokémon will have limited periods with increased total CP, and Trainers will have more opportunities to use them!|
|GBL SEASON 6:||RANKS: GO Battle League will expand from 10 to 24 ranks, and the top four ranks will have all-new names and corresponding badges.|
|REWARDS: The expanded ranks will be accompanied by a totally new reward structure, which gives Trainers more opportunities to earn exclusive rewards through ranking up. You can expect the GO Battle League rewards to be tied to the theme of the current Season, too!|
|SCHEDULE: GBL seasons will occur in tandem with the overarching Seasons and rotate formats on the same three-month schedule.|
|OFFICIAL BLOG POST|
One thing most Trainers can agree on is that catching the same thing over and over and over can become somewhat mundane. Well, Seasons will help alleviate that feeling by changing up what Pokémon are around every 3 months. Beginning December 1, 2020, @ 8:00 am (local time), Seasons will rotate what Pokémon show up in the Wild, Raids, and Eggs.
Mega Raids will also vary depending on which Season is currently active. During each Season, there will also be limited periods of time where certain Mega Evolved Pokémon will receive a CP Boost, and you will have increased opportunities to use these CP Boosted Megas!
GO Battle League Season 6 will see some pretty major changes. The Rank system will be massively expanded. Gone are the days of 10 Ranks; here are the days of 24 Ranks! The top 4 Ranks will also have new names with corresponding badges you will get when you reach them! Along with the expanded Ranks, a completely new reward structure will be introduced, which will give Trainers more chances to earn exclusive rewards through ranking up. These rewards will also reflect the Season we are currently in.
More details on GBL Season 6 will be coming soon.
Go Beyond w/ Kalos
Who’s ready for Generation VI?!?!?! The GO Beyond update has also brought us the news that the next generation of Pokémon will be introduced to Pokémon GO on December 2nd! Click “Read More” for additional details about the release!
|EVENT DATE/TIME:||Wed., Dec. 2, 2020, @ 10:00 a.m. (local time)|
Tue., Dec. 8, 2020, @ 10:00 p.m. (local time)
|KALOS POKÉMON: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Fletchling, and Litleo lines will make their debut!|
|NEW REGIONAL: Klefki will make its debut in Pokémon GO. It will only be available in France.|
|RAID EGG: A mysterious Pokémon will be hatching from 1-Star Raid Eggs!|
|OFFICIAL BLOG POST|
Pokémon such as Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Fletchling, and their Evolutions will be coming to Pokémon GO—including the highly anticipated Greninja and Talonflame! Pyroar will also be available in both of its forms. Here’s a list of many of the Pokémon you can expect to encounter either in the wild, through Evolution, or by hatching Eggs starting on December 2, 2020.
Go Beyond level 40
Ever since it was teased during GO Fest 2020, the level cap increase has been one of, if not the most, anticipated upcoming feature in Pokémon GO. The time has come, level 50 is coming! Click “Read More” for additional details about the level cap increase!
For the first time in the game's history, Trainers will be able to level up past level 40! The long-awaited level cap increase to level 50 will soon be live in Pokémon GO!
Not level 40 yet? Fear not, Trainers! Starting on November 30, 2020, you’ll earn more XP from catching Pokémon, evolving Pokémon, hatching Eggs, registering new Pokédex entries, and more. In some cases, the XP earned will be as much as double what it was before, so it’ll be easier than ever for Trainers to catch up to their higher-level friends!
Legacy 40 Trainers
There will be a special perk for reaching level 40 before the year's end! Trainers who reach level 40 before Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time will earn the title of Legacy 40 Trainer and earn some exclusive rewards, like Timed Research that rewards an exclusive Gyarados Hat avatar item and a special Legacy 40 medal!
To help Trainers reach level 40 faster, a double Catch XP bonus will be live from Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time.
Already level 40? A series of new challenges will be awaiting you as you level up to the new cap of level 50! But, be warned, Trainers, these challenges could prove quite challenging!
Your Pokémon will also be able to level to 50! Pokémon GO will be introducing Candy XL. These Candies will be required to power up Pokémon to even higher CP than was previously possible, and can be acquired either by catching Pokémon or by converting and combining Candy into Candy XL. There will also be other ways to obtain Candy XL, so stay tuned!
LEVEL UP REQUIREMENTS
- Level 41: Submit your catching skills to a test of endurance! You’ll be expected to catch a high number of Pokémon in a single day, along with other tasks, in order to reach level 41.
- Level 42: From evolving Eevee into each of its available Evolutions, to using certain Evolution items on specific Pokémon, reaching level 42 will test your knowledge of Pokémon Evolutions.
- Level 43: Show us your mastery of Gym battles and Raid Battles! You’ll also need to have earned a certain number of platinum medals before you can advance to level 43. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 44: Battling other Trainers has been a fundamental aspect of the Pokémon RPGs since the beginning, but it’s still relatively new to Pokémon GO. Have you been developing your skills in battle? You’ll have to if you want to reach level 44!
- Level 45: You’ve battled in Gyms, raids, and the GO Battle League, but to reach level 45 you’ll need to focus your efforts on taking down those pesky Team GO Rocket villains! You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 46: Get ready to explore, intrepid Trainers! To reach level 46, you’ll need to complete a number of Field Research tasks, hatch a certain number of Eggs, and document your daily adventures using GO Snapshot!
- Level 47: You may think you’ve mastered the art of battling in raids, but the requirements to reach level 47 will really test your mettle! For example, one challenge will require you to win raids with teams that meet certain qualifications—and that’s just the beginning!
- Level 48: The requirements to reach level 48 are focused on one of the most important things in all of Pokémon GO: your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon! From kilometers walked to the number of Souvenirs you’ve collected, reaching level 48 will require you and your buddy to be laser-focused on developing your friendship with one another. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 49: If there’s one thing that matches the importance of your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon, it’s your friendships with other Trainers. The people we meet on our Pokémon journeys bring so much to our lives, and cultivating those friendships is key to becoming an amazing Pokémon Trainer. Reach level 49 by sending Gifts, acquiring Lucky Pokémon through trades, and more.
- Level 50: This is it! The home stretch! To reach the highest available level in Pokémon GO, you must master all aspects of the game. Some examples include making Excellent Throws, catching Legendary Pokémon, and defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokémon under 1,500 CP, so you can tell this will be the ultimate test of whether you’re ready to stand among the most accomplished Trainers in Pokémon GO. And, of course, you might also find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end!
Keep an eye out for special Timed Research to complete in December to help you level up! And for those of you working on pushing past level 40, why not give your fellow Trainers a hand as they try to reach level 40 themselves? There’ll be tons of opportunities for everyone to earn XP throughout November and December.
In addition to the updates to XP and Trainer leveling, outlined above, you can also look forward to updates regarding encountering and catching Pokémon, Adventure Sync, Buddy Adventure, Field Research, Gifts, and more. More information will be provided once these changes go live during the week of November 30, 2020!
A portion of level 40 Trainers in Australia will soon be given early access to some of these new features! Niantic will be rolling out the level-cap increase to Australia tomorrow for testing before making it available to Trainers around the world. Trainers who make it to level 41 and above during the testing period will receive a survey to provide their feedback. As we tune and rebalance in response to this feedback, the test may change.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR GBL: Level 40 Trainers who power up Pokémon past their previous CP maximum will be unable to use those Pokémon in the Master League format for the time being in order to maintain a fair competition. However, those Pokémon can still defend Gyms.
GO Beyond w/ Pokémon GO
Whew! That was a TON of information. What an exciting time to be a Pokémon GO Trainer! The game is being remade before our eyes and we are pumped about the direction it’s taking. What do you think PokéFam? What’s your favorite feature(s) or event(s) that was announced? Let us know either on Twitter or in our Discord Server!
Remember, stay safe out there, and follow your local health and safety guidelines!