Trainers, the mystery has been unveiled! During the mystery weekend event announced earlier this month, Genesect will be making its Pokémon GO debut in a new Special Research story event—A Drive to Investigate!
Note: Events may vary in certain areas until further notice. Players can stay tuned to our channels for updates.
|EVENT DATE/ TIME:||Fri., Mar. 20, 2020, @ 8:00am to Mon., Mar. 23, 2020, @ 10:00pm (local time)|
|FEATURES:||WILD: Normal-, Fire-, Water-, Electric-, and Ice-type Pokémon appearing more frequently in the wild. Examples: Jigglypuff, Magnemite, Marill, Houndour, and Snorunt (Nincada will be in the wild however not boosted)|
|EGGS: Nincada, Karrablast, and Shelmet will be hatching more often from 5 km Eggs.|
|SHINY: Nincada Family|
|RAIDS: One-star to four-star Raid Battles will feature various Bug- or Steel-type Pokémon.|
|BONUSES:||2x Catch Stardust|
|2x Hatch Stardust|
|Fri., Mar. 20, 2020, @ 8:00am|
Thu., Mar. 26, 2020, @ 10:00pm (local time)
Please note: In attempt to make this Special Research story event available and playable for as many Trainers globally as possible, we have extended this event.
|FEATURES:||Genesect Special Research|
|A Drive to Investigate medal|
|Research objectives that lead to encounters with various Bug- and Steel-type Pokémon, including Pinsir, Scizor, Skarmory, Karrablast, and Shelmet, as well as other Pokémon that appear in the story or are related to Genesect.|
|An encounter with Durant|
|Genesect-themed Avatar Items|
|Encounters with Scyther, Skarmory, Nincada, and Shieldon.|
Genesect-themed Weekend Event
Get ready for a weekend full of normal, fire, water, ice, and electricity! The following Pokémon are likely to spawn more frequently in the wild:
New Shiny Pokémon
Some new Shiny Pokémon are making their way to Pokémon GO, both in the wild and 5km Eggs! Let’s take a look!
|Shiny Nincada Family|
Hatching & Raiding
One- to Four-Star Raids featuring Bug- and Steel-type Pokémon will be appearing during this event. Below are some Pokémon you may likely see.
Be sure to look for our Infopedia closer to the event for a full list!
The following have been confirmed to hatch out of 5km eggs during the event!
✨DUST DUST DUST!✨
EVEN MORE STARDUST! This event is providing Trainers the chance to earn 2x Catch/Hatch Stardust!
A Drive to Investigate
A brand new special research event featuring Genesect is on its way! This event will be much like the Regigigas release event we had a couple of months ago. Here is what we know so far!
You can purchase a ticket to gain access to this unique limited-time experience where you’ll complete a variety of tasks to earn an encounter with a Genesect! Genesect’s signature attack changes type depending on the Drive that it’s holding. Genesect will also appear in EX Raids starting in April.
- To receive the A Drive to Investigate Special Research, you must open Pokémon GO during the event from Friday, March 20, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. in your local time zone. After you’ve collected the Special Research, you can complete it at any time.
- The ticket is US$7.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency), not including any taxes or fees, and can be purchased in the shop. The ticket cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- Tickets can be purchased from when they go live until Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. in your local time zone. Stay tuned for when they go live!
- The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable. (Subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service.)
How to purchase a ticket and access the Special Research
Tickets to the Special Research story event A Drive to Investigate will be available to purchase a few days before the event.
1. Tap the Learn More button in the shop.
2. Tap the Buy button.
3. You’ll then receive a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for A Drive to Investigate. After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
4. Before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you open the app during the event, you’ll receive access to the A Drive to Investigate Special Research.
5. Once you receive the Special Research on March 20, 2020, you’ll be able to finish it later if you don’t complete it by the end of the event. However, for an optimal gameplay experience, we recommend trying your best to complete the research during the event from Friday, March 20, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. in your local time zone.
Don’t worry, Trainers—if you’re unable to participate in this Special Research story event, you can look forward to Genesect coming to EX Raids in April!
Have questions? Please see our FAQ page on the help center for more information on this new Special Research story event.
A Drive to Investigate will come with a special medal that will be available on your Trainer Screen along with other medals earned while playing Pokémon GO.
Genesect Cap & Bag
Some Serious Insec-tives
With everything going on in the world right now, everyone could use a little fun in their life and we expect this special research to offer nothing less than that. From all of the incentives this event promises to deliver, you better believe many of us will be completely bug out!
Being only the second event of its kind, keep an open mind that it will be much different than that of Regiggity.
Keep an eye out for our soon to come Infopedias helping you get the most out of your Special Research!